[pianotech] sand-through

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 27 20:36:52 PDT 2009

Years ago I took Ruth's class- something I felt awfully expensive, as
the "stuff" was awfully expensive. We spent some time practicing and I
sort of screwed things up, but took my little box home and always
planned to practice........  Well, I think I knocked a chip out right on
the curve at the far end of a cheek block on the inside of the frame.  I
told the lady I'd try to fix it............  and failing, I'd get the
best touch up man in town to do it.   Three hours the irritated lady
came home and I said I'd given up.  She was unable to find any evidence
there had ever been a chip.   This is a shameless plug for Ruth, he
products, knowledge, and willingness to be helpful in every respect.
It's the only time I've had reason to use the stuff, and right now I
wouldn't want to have to do it again, but I think I actually could,
having had my first success in a very difficult spot.
les bartlett