[pianotech] Action bracket repair ideas/ "flexible" CA query.. .

Stephen Grattan lostchordclinic at ameritech.net
Tue Apr 28 12:44:36 PDT 2009

What bracket, what action ?

Steve Grattan
Lost Chord Clinic

________________________________
From: Euphonious Thumpe <lclgcnp at yahoo.com>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:04:12 PM
Subject: [pianotech] Action bracket repair ideas/ "flexible" CA query.. .

I fixed another broken action bracket with CA glue, and it's held for years. On this one, because of the collectibility of the piano, I'd prefer another bracket ( even if I have to have one cast ). But if I CA this one, would the new "flexible" CA hold it better? Has anyone tested this stuff? Would it be better for soundboard repairs, because of the less likelihood of shattering???????

Euphonious Thumpe