[pianotech] 1867 Steinway Upright

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Tue Apr 28 17:16:27 PDT 2009

Mr. Hechler::

Speak to the particular. I, for one, didn't say a word. And what really, is
 your point? I don't recall anyone saying that uprights and players are
crap  (your vernacular, not mine).

Paul

In a message dated 4/28/2009 6:28:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
dahechler at att.net writes:

Jon Page  wrote:
> I have an 1866 S&S upright, make me an offer...all the  parts you'll need
> although it would be a shame scrap this fine  specimen.
>
> It has the wooden damper lifter, there's a hole in  it to access the
> flange screw.
> For over 20 years it's been  dragged around move to move and makes a
> nice parts rack,
> it's  really good place for freshly sprayed legs to dry.
>
> I have a  1890's vintage Mathushek rosewood cottage upright just dying
> for  restoration...

It's completely amazing how fast members in this  list can swing around
and do an about face (that's 180 degrees), from  uprights and players are
crap and should be burned - to - this is a fine  specimen and just dying
for restoration..

What gives  ?

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!