[pianotech] CONCERT PITCH 440/442?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Apr 29 20:48:35 PDT 2009

How interesting that this should come up as I just had a call from a regular
concert venue I do where the pianist playing next week insisted that the
piano be tuned to A441 (it's currently and regularly kept at A440).  I do
like the multiple tuning fork idea with different markings on each but tuned
to the same pitch.  Anyway, after being presented with the anticipated bill
for moving the pitch up to 441 and then back down to 440 (each requiring a
preliminary pitch raise or lowering before the fine tuning) they decided
that they could live with 440.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com