[pianotech] Butt Leather (revisited)

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 04:07:38 PDT 2009

Matthew:

If the divot causes a functional problem, a repair should be made. For
instance, if the note “hangs-up” when being played softly or excessive
lost motion is needed to allow the jack to return. Then the question
is: What is the appropriate repair? Bolstering, butt leather
replacement, or butt/shank/hammer replacement.

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.