[pianotech] Butt Leather (update)

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Thu Apr 30 18:12:17 PDT 2009

I went ahead and began replacing the butt leather this evening.  I completed the entire bass section.  The one thing that stands out on the before and after is the jack is much closer to the butt than it was with the old leather (since the original leather was indented quite a bit.)  What do I need to be ready to do when I install the action back in the piano?

One thing I did play with was tugging on the bridle wires, and that did bring the jack back to the position it was before I replaced the leather.

Thank you all for the advice,

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578