[pianotech] Regulation Issues

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Wed Dec 2 09:21:49 MST 2009

I have been regulating a Baldwin M Grand this morning.

Have run into several issues to which I would covet your assistance.

1.)  Exactly how much rise is adequate?
2.)  I am having a heck of a time regulating the sharps.  The naturals are coming along fine (i.e. let-off, drop, rise).  The sharps are only 3/8'' high as opposed to the specs of 1/2''.  Could that be the problem?  And if so, and increasing the height to 1/2'', how would that affect the dip?

Before messing with all the sharp heights, I thought I would get suggestions first.

Thank you!
Matthew