[pianotech] choice of hammers

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Dec 4 10:41:56 MST 2009

Good points David
  With so much verbiage about POWER I was wondering if there was a hearing loss issue?  How about a balaced tone spectrum.
Oh well, we all have a different opinion about that! Don't we?
  The main complaint about new pianos from any continent is that they sounded ok when delivered and then after the break in period and the string marks appear in(a year or so) the underlying Petrified felt soon reveals the sound of shattering glass. Quality Hammers do or should be allowed to develop or the end result will be this complaint. No bias intended. ... sure Dale
  Dale

Hammers need playing time to develop.  Power and volume out of the box with lousy tone might be telling you something.  Nothing wrong with wanting a hammer that doesn’t require “juicing”.  Don’t forget to consider weight in the formula for power.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com