[pianotech] Damper Issue???

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:51:10 MST 2009

Mute the right and middle strings. E.g., if the "V" is the mute, like this:
 |   | V |
If the noise still occurs, you have something in the damper head. If not,
it's the wire contacting the string. The wire coming out of the damper head
would not make a ringing sound like I'm interpreting from your description.

If the wire is too close to the damper wire, you could move it over
slightly. Check first to see if the strings are spaced properly.

If that won't work, someone on the list recently described how to move the
hole in the guide rail. I'd rule out everything else first. Check 2 or 3
times to make sure it's not something else.

--
JF