[pianotech] Bass String Installation Fee

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Dec 7 13:03:55 MST 2009

Hi Matthew,

In the end, it's up to you.  I have no quarrel marking up small ticket items
like an individual bass string and adding shipping.  I most often don't
charge for return visits to pull back to pitch.  I'm sure it's not "good
business" but it works for my business.  I often find a time a week after
the appointment when I'll be in the area and plan to swing by and pull it up
- takes 2 minutes, really.  I'd just be checking email between appointments
anyway, so no loss for me.  Then, I suggest that when it starts sounding
intolerable to them again, call me and I'll do the same thing.  This is
assuming that it's not a situation where it really needs to be stabilized
quickly, and kept there.  In that case (e.g. a recording studio) yes, I'd
charge for the return trips.

William R. Monroe