[pianotech] Verituner-beat rate tuning

bppiano at aol.com bppiano at aol.com
Mon Dec 7 21:27:25 MST 2009

I haven't invested in yet another VTD or software, but all the talk about using a clean perfect fifth plus and octave from the upper note of the fifth, has got me interested.  I've returned to complete aural tuning.  I have be using that as a guiding principle in adjusting my stretch particularly for the notes above A4.  I must say that I like the results I get.  I don't get every fifth plus octave exactly pure, but the overall stretch is quite good.  It seems to my ears that the upper octaves have better projection and clarity without the "sizzle" of a more agressive stretch.  As far as aural checks, for example, in the notes D3-A3-A4, the F2-D3 is fastest, the F2-A4 is alittle slower, and the
F2-A3 is slowest of the three.

I'd like to hear from OnlyPure users if this is consistent with they're tunings.

Bruce Pennington