[pianotech] adjusting pedals

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 08:06:47 MST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you had this happen. I hooked up the pedal reaches to this Kimball console/studio I was working on yesterday.  Once I had them hooked up the dampers rang terribly, and the pedals weren't even adjusted. I checked to seei fthe action was all the way in brackets as far in as they woudl go and the plastic nut was on tight. It seemed to check out.

Also what do you folks do when you have to retighten a pedal spring and there you have to some how turn the nut that is underneeth the long screw?  Pliers are too large to fit in that tight of an area. So what do you use? Thanks

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com