[pianotech] pedals lyers

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:24:21 MST 2009

Marshall, you may have switched to pedal rods.
Check that before making any adjustments.

To adjust the nut, push down on the brace with your
hand, the nut should then turn easily with your fingers.

Hi Al,

On that lyer system, I haven't done anything with the pedal rods.  Shoud I try switcheing them first?  Also when you say hold down the brace. On the Kimball I'm trying t hold the pedal spring, trap lever push the screw down and turn the nut allat once.  I need more hands and smaller ones.  The nut does't seem to wnat to turn and when it does it just goes round and round and round..I wonder if there is another way I can fasten this spring to the trap lever.

What do you guys think of that weird occurance when the reaches were hooked up?  It was as if someone ws depressing the sustain pedal, and oddly the pedals weren't even adjusted yet.  spoons seem to opening correctly all but one I need adjust.  This is very odd.

Jim that speed method sounds great. i'm looking to get a free piano here in the near future to have in the bacement to hopefully refurbish i.e. action not totally rebuild of course  I can practice speed on that one.

Dave, you're right about pianos that haven't been tuned in ages.  I came across a Wurlitzer spinet that required 3 tunings, and I probably could have tuned it again, but it was finally holding and I was pretty much tired and anxious to catch that train home about an hour ride.  Thanks again everyone.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com