[pianotech] a piano brand

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 20:42:55 MST 2009

Hi everyone,

Is anyone familiar with a piano called shomaker or shomacker?  I'm tying to see if this is a good piano.  This person might be interested in donating it to a school in our area.  I mentioned that I'm trying to help this school obtain newer pianos. I did thank them for their kind offer of course. This Shomaker is a grand from 1916. I'm assuming it will need some restoration or reconditioning.  I decided to run an ad on craiglist to line up potential pianos for donation inorder to present this to the schol and hopefully find them pianos that are not in need of so much repair.  I'm up for the challenge of repairing these pianos,but their budget won't allow it. So I'm hoping to find them pianos that require little work if any.

As for let off, what about the magnetic rubber strip  method we used at the school?  It works great, but in the bass you have to use a diffeent method.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com