[pianotech] a piano brand

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 12 08:53:22 MST 2009

You mean Schomacker?

I think the last piano was built in 1941 or thereabouts.  Many of the older
pianos held up fairly well over the years but if it is 1916 vintage, it is
almost 100 years old and was in line for major renovations years ago
already.  Unless that person took excellent care of it by a qualified
technician and had all of that stuff taken care of over the years that
needed attention, which is probably unlikely, it may not be worth fixing.
Remember, it is an OLD piano.  If the school cannot afford it, they may very
likely be stuck with a piano that will be played on that not to many people
will enjoy using or listening to.

Jer