[pianotech] lowest note on Imp. Bosey

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:31:23 MST 2009

OK, I've learned something. (There are only three Bosies I've seen in my
area -- not very common in Ruralville. Two were smaller, and the other is a
monster.)

Question, though. The big piano I service that is definitely longer than 7'.
 It's 9 feetish, though I haven't measured it. Its lowest key is an F.  What
model might this be? I've always assumed the Imperial since it was at least
9'.  Did they have 92 keys at some point in the past? This piano is a 1991,
according to the serial number.

By the way, I hate tuning this monster. It goes out of tune more wildly than
other pianos. There are huge RH changes in this church sanctuary, so huge
changes are to be expected. However, some sections do the opposite of what
every other piano does: the first treble section (maybe from around C5-F6)
is generally the complete opposite of what the tenor will be. E.g., last
week I tuned it: tenor was 10-15 cents flat, and the first treble section
was 5-7 cents sharp. Do they all react this way?

(And I've recommended and recommended a Piano Life Saver system ... to no
avail. So if they want a piano that sounds like crap half the year, I guess
that's their business. <G>)

--
JF

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Conrad Hoffsommer <choffsommer at hotmail.com