[pianotech] re; effects of keytops replaced w/o routing key stick...

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Dec 15 10:01:45 MST 2009

 There you have it, some one who finally agrees with me .LOL
 Modern Steinway is not glued down and I will agree with Ed And David L Sometimes the old way is noiesier. Som Actions & keybaeds.
 seem to be more prone to noise. Dunno why!
 Thanks Joe
Merry Christmas
  Dale
 PS. Ed F..... you must have seen only the east coast model of vintage Steinway....HUH?

"When I lifted backrail
cloth, somebody shimmed it with a thin cardboard under the red felt and
glued both sides of green down (isn?t backside usually not glued?). "

That  is  correct  back rail for a  Steinway.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I