[pianotech] Follow up report on BB Mason and Weickert felt

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 16 05:42:29 MST 2009

Dale,

It's very interesting that you're working on a M&H BB at this time, I'm taking in the same piano on Saturday for regulating, touch weight adjustment (way to heavy) & new Weickert hammers. I think this M&H BB was made the very same year. I have a few questions for you.

1, Why did you need to do bridge work? I didn't notice any problems with the bridge on this piano, should I look more closely?
2, Why did you replace the shanks, flat knuckles? Bad pinning? or just routine procedure?
3, What weight hammer did you use? I'm thinking 16 lbs on this big boy.

Al