[pianotech] Plastic Keytops That Feel More Like Ivory

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Wed Dec 16 10:10:56 MST 2009

John,
    The material your inquiring about is mineral plastic. We supply it to
the trade and apply it to our new and restoration keyboards. It is available
in 3 colors pure white, ivory colored, and bone colored, very nice stuff.
Any questions give me a call. Mike

Mineral Plastic is a synthetic material with a very high mineral content.
These minerals make for a plastic that looks and feels very much like
natural materials such as the coveted ivory or bone. It is widely used on
European pianos and organs and is quickly gaining acceptance domestically
for the same. Mineral plastic come in 3 shades, white, off-white and crème
color. Available in pieces measuring 1 inch wide by 6 inches long, octave
sections or sheets and is available in three thicknesses 1.5, 2, 3mm (0.060,
0.085, 0.125). Mineral plastic can be made satin, low-gloss, high-gloss and
textured. Matching material for the key front can also be obtained.

BLACKSTONE VALLEY PIANO
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma 01569