[pianotech] key leads

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 01:19:19 MST 2009

David

It's an Apollo grand, which means it's at least, what, 75 years old. (The last one was made in '39). I would chisel off the leads, and seal with Shellac. Travel time not withstanding,  it only take me about about 45 minutes to an hour to remove the stack, trim the leads, and put it back together. While I'm at it, I also vacuum the frame, and blow the dust out of the action.  I charge $150 for the job.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789