[pianotech] sounds was Faulk tuning lever.

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 16:11:45 MST 2009

Because our society seems to demand more volume (noise) for every kind of
situation requiring an auditory emission. When was the last time you could
even hear a "pin drop" in most people's homes. Hear a whisper from the
living room into the kitchen? Actually hear a bird outside singing down the
block. Etc.

We have the great privilege of taking care of a little baby this year. It is
just amazing to watch her reaction to loud, obnoxious sounds all around her,
yet respond so positively to a whisper in her ear to get her attention. And
for now, she can really hear that pin drop in the next room. Give her ten
years and an iPod and she'll be as deaf and out of touch as most of the
world today.

Yes, bring back the piano. Please. With a Bel Canto voice to match.

Joseph Alkana RPT (Retired)

  _____