[pianotech] Knabe Double Flanges

Tom Kysilko pds at visi.com
Sat Dec 19 15:43:51 MST 2009

Shirley Kysilko of St Paul and Dick Sorensen of Minneapolis
manufactured four sets of double flanges for a pre-1900 Knabe
upright.  One set was installed in our personal piano and is
functioning perfectly.  The other three are available for sale.

These flanges are bushed and pinned and ready for spring
installation.  Shirley and Dick believe that the purchasing
technician will want to make their own decision about size and weight
of spring.  These flanges are not the same as those in the KS Piano
catalog, which have the spring and damper arm mounted on the same
pin.  These have pins for the hammer butt and damper arm and the
spring is installed on a separate cord like normal damper flanges.

If interested, please reply to me directly.  Pictures are available
on request.  Shirley will be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks,
--Tom Kysilko, pds at visi.com