[pianotech] How to tune a Winter Spinet

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 19 18:29:15 MST 2009

Winter Spinets are  lovely compared to the crap I've had to  attempt to tune this week!!! The first one was a Yammie GA-1. IMHO, the GA stands for Gawd Awful!! It is worse than the olde GH-1's, (which stood for Grand Horrible One). They still don't have the scaling worked out in regards to Short Infantile types! (Even after I worked out a better solution 20+ years ago...which they paid for and totally disregarded! And that was when I knew pretty much Zilch about Scales!)<G>
Then,  today, A lovely Melodigrand Spinet, 64 notes. I'll have to say that was better then the Yammie. At least I didn't have to chase the  sucker all over the tuning map!
Have a Cool Yule Fool
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police