[pianotech] BB Mason and Tenor Cross over

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Dec 20 14:33:13 MST 2009

Hey Guys
Taking all things into consideration and the comments from Ron,David & Al most of us will never go back to the drawing board so the simple wrapped string alternative on the BB & the Stwy B, I suggested is practical and an improvement to what is already there.
  Honestly Ron. I don't object to  the sound of the B scale except in places,the low tenor being the largest one,the second one is the kind of honky sound on the first bass note/last bass note no.20. Probably primarily the end of the bridge affect. I think it needs mass there.
 A big chunk of lead in the bridge end might help.
 I for one would enjoy hearing what Serge has described as an improvement and make up my own mind.
   Dale

-----

So, bottom line guys. The French piano maker Stephen Paulello "string with softer steel" isn't going to do much?

I don't do any scale redesigning and thought this might be an easy fix :-(

Al