[pianotech] S&S regulation problem

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 00:44:43 MST 2009

    Thanks to all for things to check and possible remedies on
the problematic Steinway.
    Yes, it does have the pan head screws.  But the action isn't
particularly light and I don't think it has fewer key leads than
most Steinways.  I'd have to look to be sure, though.  I didn't
even check the action spread, but I will.
    Wish there was a quick way to raise key height on the
"accelerated action" balance rail -- I hate dealing with those
balance rail  felt half-cylinders.  What are they called,
anyway?  They're not really punchings.
    --David Nereson, RPT