[pianotech] String scaling was BB Mason and Tenor Cross over

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 08:56:32 MST 2009

Understood.
  Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Mon, Dec 21, 2009 7:12 am
Subject: Re: [pianotech] String scaling was BB Mason and Tenor Cross over

Just to clarify, the string doesn’t sound better because it’s a double wrap, it sounds better because the core wire is thinner and that may require a double wrap.  If you use the same core wire dimension as the original (say .060) and just double wrap it, it won’t sound any better.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com