[pianotech] String scaling was BB Mason and Tenor Cross over

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Dec 21 14:38:24 MST 2009

That would concur with my experience on 9' pianos.  Those scales I've ordered have not come back with double wraps on the monos.  I don't tend to specify double or single wraps but rather order by dimension (inner core and outer diameter) and let the string maker decide the best way to achieve that.  On most everything up to a B that seems to result in double wrapped monochords, on the D single wrap seems to do the trick.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com