[pianotech] Reversing Crown

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 08:51:58 MST 2009

Hmm..I didn't measure bearing. Are you saying that finding positive bearing
and crown decreases or eliminates the chance of the board reversing after
string removal? Or are you just saing that the more carefully we analyze the
instrument before rebuilding, the more accurate our estimate will be? I
believe the latter. -Noah

"Yes. This is why you measure both crown and bearing, with a "what's wrong
here" approach, rather than a "this must surely be just fine" attitude.

The cynic always wins, being either right, or pleasantly surprised. Being
pleasantly surprised is, though preferable, the less likely."