[pianotech] Knee board & pedal squeak

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sat Dec 26 14:26:30 MST 2009

Laura

The bottom board probably squeaks on the edge of the board where rests on the board that has the pedals through it. (Whatever that is called).  When you press down on the pedals, it bends this board just enough to cause a squeak. Clean both edges, and perhaps put a lubricant on it, like VJ Lube. You might also put a little lube on the pegs, especially if this is a high polish polyester finished piano.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789