[pianotech] Knee board & pedal squeak

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Sat Dec 26 14:45:30 MST 2009

This kind of squeak often occurs at places where the knee panel contacts
the opening. Remove the panel and the squeak goes away.

Operating the pedal flexes the pedal rail causing the panel which rests
on it to move up and down against the opening, typically at the upper
corners. VJ lube or other heavy consistency lube is usually the fix.

Tom Cole