[pianotech] Franz-Fuchs,Wein 1906?

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Dec 27 15:01:52 MST 2009

To P-tech List

...I have come across a Beautiful 6 ft  Austrian? piano named Franz Fuchs,Wein  It has a Piano forte type action with capsules and reverse striking hammers. The Leather covered hammer are in good shape. Absolutely tight perfect Ivory. Wonderful sustain. It needs work as the pins are loose & it's been strung before. We will find a solution to the pinblock issues and string it. Spruce case & big heavy plate.This is for sure a preservation type instrument. It has a "Ehrens 1906" Exhibition date on the Fall board. Black background and gold letters. SO it has to be at least 103 years old
 Do any of you see these or have knowledge about this piano? Serial no 1210.
 Dale Erwin