[pianotech] beginner's calibration question

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Dec 28 13:12:19 MST 2009

If you are sure that the fork is off, remembering that temperature has an
effect on it, some people put it under their arm for a predetermined time
before measuring.

As a matter of interest, just how accurate should a fork be?        +/-
what?

The fork frequency can be changed with a file.
I think I remember correctly, I am sure someone will correct me if I am
wrong. :-)
Take some off the tips to raise the frequency, and some off the inner part
of the leg to raise the frequency.

John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.