[pianotech] SAT IV extended

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Dec 28 13:33:17 MST 2009

That's right.  Spinets often give you an F reading of 15 - 20 which results
in a very stretched bass.  Better quality pianos that will tolerate more
stretch usually yield a lower number like 6 - 8.  The lower number produces
a tighter (narrower) bass.  The spinet actually needs the tighter bass that
the lower number of a better quality piano will produce and not the more
stretched bass that the higher number produces.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com