[pianotech] was Beginner's calibration question-thermal conductivity

Zoe Sandell yiddishtangofever at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 29 11:28:24 MST 2009

Thanks David

Interestingly, I changed my original email from 'feels colder' to 'be'
colder....

Yes, of course, steel is a conductor and carries heat away from the person
touching it... I had a brain fog moment in my initial email

What I was really trying to ask was ... why do techs warm it up in their
pockets/underarm?  To bring it to the correct hz?  If it has been in a 20
degree room already- then...

Thanks again kindly
Zoe