[pianotech] finding the strike line

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Sun Feb 8 16:16:48 PST 2009

Thanks Ron,
The board is RC&S but how good it is has yet to be determined as it is my
first. It does seem to be very responsive.
Sounds like I just need to rely more on my listening skills - not
necessarily an easy step to take for me.
As I told Dale, I can put the hammer for note 68 at 1/9th, get a great tone,
move the hammer close to the string so I can see the strike point and pluck
at both sides up to 5mm and not really hear much difference in tone. It all
gets a strong fundamental with pleasing partials and great sustain.
Gene
 The more of these boards I build, the more amazed