[pianotech] Nossaman Hovercraft - reprise

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Feb 9 17:05:18 PST 2009

I just wanted everyone who has any interest in building one of these
recently popularized devices to proceed with a word of caution.  I recently
discovered that there is a failure with the Auto-Pilot feature of this
device.  I was happily stringing away the other day, and came to a hole that
had only been drilled to 1/4" (I use two-pass drilling) instead of to the
G-bit that the rest of the block was drilled at.  It turns out the silly
drill-press rig just passed this one right by.  So, to all you who think
this thing is so great, be advised of this issue - and note:  The
manufacturer refused to cover this under warranty.  Of all the..............

Many <G>

William R. Monroe