[pianotech] OT: I know it's not a piano...

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:40:02 PST 2009

Re: [pianotech] OT: I know it's not a piano...There's an instrument called the Chapman stick, which is played similarly --- you "hammer on" the notes by slapping the strings onto the fingerboard.  It has electric pickups and the force of hammering is plenty to cause the strings to vibrate.
      --David Nereson, RPT