[pianotech] Air compressor recommendations

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Feb 22 13:25:37 PST 2009

Alright you caught me, it had been returned, and I got it for $589.99.  But
the catalogue price was what I said.
That was a lot of money back then, as my tunings were $35 in 1982, the only
date I could find with no trouble.
About 17 tunings.
Look what 17 tunings will buy today.
Tools were tools then, not the imported cheap stuff from some countries, we
have today.
When my generator acted up during a power outage the other week, the guy
asked me what brand I had, I had a Kodiak made by Honda. He said that was
ok, it was not one with aluminum windings, he said they can only run under
load for about 3 hours, without overheating.
Now I know why some 7KW ones were less than $1000.
Took the covers off the compressor, it was only the belt off, and it had
been flopping around.
John Ross