[pianotech] ot teflon

johndelmore at suddenlink.net johndelmore at suddenlink.net
Wed Feb 25 07:46:52 PST 2009

Les, just yesterday for non-piano purposes, I boiled up some teflon in 95% ethanol and shot it onto a GC/MS.  Nothing.  You're more likely to get carcinogenic plasticizers from that bottled water than room temperature teflon.

However, I think there is an issue (non-cancer?) with powdered teflon, which can't be good for lungs.  Extreme care in application, or even a dust mask should be the norm.

JD