[pianotech] Raising a piano

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Fri Feb 27 12:33:45 PST 2009

Height of the bench is a matter of preference. Glen Gould liked to have
a low chair because he like to put his face right over the keyboard.
Others like to sit higher so as to "dominate" the keyboard.

But when I sit at a piano, I get dents in my knees from pressing against
the keybed, no matter how high or low the bench. Maybe I need knee pads.

Tom Cole