[pianotech] Fwd: Erwins key dip gauge

andré oorebeek oorebeek at planet.nl
Sat Feb 28 01:37:46 PST 2009

Hi David A.
About half a year ago i was in Vancouver. I stayed with Jack Houweling
(howling jack, chuckle chuckle).
Jack is a very good friend and a very dedicated tech as well. Besides
having great fun and enjoying da good 'spirits' (we had bloody good
company btw as other very good friends were there too), Jack offered
to make a number of key dip block copies for some Chinese colleagues
across the pond. It was then that we discovered that the original
(yam) blocks were a hair thicker than 10mm!!
So for many many years i have actually made key dips of appr. 10,1 to
10,2 mm.
No big deal and in fact I favor a very slight 'extra' provided it does
not go any deeper than that.
That was one of the reasons why i like Jurgen's crescendo front
punchens so much.. their beautiful firmness makes it possible for us
to do 'cutting edge' regulation, thereby improving the tone twofold. A
double whammy (isn't American Inkelish great?)

Friendly greetings
From
André Oorebeek

Antoni van Leeuwenhoekweg 15