[pianotech] Regulation Question

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Feb 28 06:59:21 PST 2009

Backcheck rubbing on the tail on the way up or jack too forward(pianist side ) in relation to the knuckle.
If you look at the action with the fall out the jack will tell the story or apply pressure to the top of the hammer whilst you depress the key (action out)and the check may rub on the tail.
Check the action rail screws to see if they are loose. I had an estonia where the rails were not shimmed to stabilize location and when the screws got loose ,geometry shifted and all sorts of things can go wrong,
Tom Driscoll