[pianotech] Bobbling hammers and jack spring pressure?

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:54:06 PST 2009

Thank you all for the good thoughts. As mentioned, the piano is not in my shop and I don´t know if the player is satisfied with my approach of scamping with the let off because he will be back not until weekend (his father opened the door).  Usually I am a friend of the method of explaining the player to learn how to work an action correctly, but in this case me too I felt the resistance.

Most promising sounds to me the balance hole reamer thing. It´s a little embarrasing that I have such a tool but I allways thought that it is made for using from the bottom and not from the top. I thought it is made for enlargening the hole and was annoyed at that stupid guy who invented that tool and who was not able to deliver it in the correct size :-) That´s the reason why it is not in my toolcase but tomorrow I will search my shop for that beast. And I can imagine that the hole thing has to do with dryness. But I would assume that the problem should arise with moisture, not with dryness.

Gregor