[pianotech] Diaphragmizing

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 16:04:42 PST 2009

In a message dated 1/25/2009 5:08:27 P.M. Central Standard Time,
erwinspiano at aol.com writes:

I suspect Ron is correct  in that diaphramizing may have a greater influence
on Compression  type belly systems, yet it does make sense that thinning the
sdbd.  edge in appropriate areas offers more flexibility/bass  response as well
as overall response. I suspect the guys in the belly dept's  of  days gone by
were as interested in there outcomes, were  intelligent & interested in
quality as we all are today.
Dale
As Nick has pointed out, because of concomitant issues, particularly with  CC
boards, the "offering" may or may not yet be measurable, good and wise
intent or not. There is an intuitive correctness to the idea, but, as Ron and
others have ever belabored, intuition is not science. It may be a wonderful
starting point, and even an end point, but not the metrics in the middle.

The belly guys I bet were really interested in outcomes, but they had to
talk to the bean-counters and marketing chaps, as well. :-)

Paul

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)