[pianotech] reamer for damper lever top flange

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 22:36:04 MDT 2009

Patrick:

I think the bit size number is #45 off the top of my head,  but it's 0.082
against a typical 0.072 damper wire.

Go to _http://bobmay.astronomy.net/misc/drillchart.htm_
(http://bobmay.astronomy.net/misc/drillchart.htm)  for  drill bit sizes and numbers.

Paul

In a message dated 6/18/2009 10:13:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jpdraine at gmail.com writes:

Hi, I  seem to have misplaced the drill bit I use to ream the damper lever
top flange  (that's what they call it in the S&S diagram) so the damper
wires are  minimally loose (i.e. not freakin' tight as they are now, which makes
 regulating the dampers a major headache). And I seem to have misplaced the
 nifty handout from Karen Robinson's comprehensive damper class.
So what size drill bit is appropriate for me to use for this 1922 S&S  O,
oh damper gurus?
Patrick

fingertips.