[pianotech] Database for Piano Business

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 4 16:27:22 PST 2009

#1 & 2   T&C has colors...they don't call them flags.   When I finish an appointment...the next time I'm in the office I drag that contact in the calendar and change the date 1 year in advance...i.e. 2010.   I change the Group on the appointment box to Service Due (which I type in and it can be anything I want...filled in from there on)   Service Due has it's own color which is RED.   Usually I drag them into a Monday which is my main office day.   When that Monday comes around their appt is in Red and I know to call about the service due.   I don't send out mailings, but T&C can certainly do that by using the user labeled catagories with Jan through Dec. and 2010, 2011 etc.   You can click on the date and do a report...I never use it.   Alarms for every appointment is available.  I use them to alert me on my PDA that the next appointment is 1/2 hour away.
#3  There are many views available and the contact view alone can be used.   How do you keep your service notes at the time of the appointment?   That's what I use my Notes for...I have a Palm Tungsten which syncs to T&C.   Everything I enter at the customer is synced with the computer.   I sure you have the same thing?
#4   Each contact has a link to Mapquest tab on the computer screen.  Same thing one click.   Does your PDA have a picture of the map?   Do you carry a computer with you?   I have never tried to get a picture on my PDA...I know I can

Basically, we all are use to what we use and are unwilling to take the time with a new program until we absolutely need too.   I absolutely needed to, about 5- 6 years ago.   I gave Outlook a long look and was using it until someone mentioned T&C on the List...never looked back.   I was sold on the dragging contacts into the different areas.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044