[pianotech] Key easing pliers

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Thu Mar 5 06:35:33 PST 2009

    Paul,

Personally I like the German key easing pliers from Pianotek.  Piano Forte Supply also sells a German pare that's the same as the Pianotek product.  The cost of these from either company last I checked was around $125.  I know...  I know...  It sounds like a lot of money, I swore that I would never pay $125 for a set of pliers but after trying these I did.  I like to be able to ease keys with out removing them and most of the time with this pare you can.  I still have my old set from Schaff that I paid $40/something for and I never use them.  I would be glad to let them go for about half the price.  I thought that I would keep the Schaff set in the shop and use them after completing bushing jobs but still I use the Pianotek pliers for that to.  So these just sit in the drawer all the time.  I have gotten use to how the German pare feels and how to control them, so that's what I stick with.

Regards,
Shawn Brock, RPT