[pianotech] steel on brass- was Capo Bars

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Mar 5 08:49:49 PST 2009

Dean:

Thanks for the refresher! But this is still a misleading use of language
which has led to my personal experience of many young technicians thinking,
because of the misdirection in the nomenclature, that brass has natural
lubricity. I'm glad you understand the difference, and I'm interested that a
"professor in engineering materials" misled you by the improper use of a phrase  which
has created more ignorance than understanding. We can at least try, as
"technicians", not scientists, to get our language right for the sake of clear
communication.

Paul

In a message dated 3/5/2009 10:39:15 A.M. Central Standard Time,