[pianotech] R. Rathke & Sons info?

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 6 05:45:38 PST 2009

Owner of that Russian company was Ludwig Rathke. He took over Kirsch & Co. in Berlin 1934, so there was a second plant of that Rathke company in Berlin, too. The company (but not the production) was shut down 1941 and then Ludwig Rathke was the only keeper. No records after 1945. Serial number 3449 was produced in 1942.

Gregor