[pianotech] Yamaha C7 scale

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sat Mar 7 05:31:17 PST 2009

On 3/6/09, erwinspiano at aol.com <erwinspiano at aol.com> wrote:
> Hi Conrad
> ? Don't forget these are metric wire sizes. The size listed will be a 1/2
> size larger or smaller than standard sizes. I forget right off the cuff. I
> think?adding a 1/2 size to the stated number makes them the correct
> diameter.

I've got a chart of metric/inch wire size comparisons and, if I recall
it correctly, it varies across the chart as to which inch size is
closer to which metric. In the 18-20 range I think it's only about
.0003 differences. Chart's at school, I'm at home...

The powers that be will be wanting me to get the thing back in service
ASAP, sans further expenditure. (It's at the wrong end of the fiscal
year)  It might happen that the thing gets put back in service with
the old bass strings and they get replaced at a latter date.

Not the best, but welcome to my world.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT
Luther College